The business was established in 1885 as a Black Smith Shop by wagon maker Herman Peotter. Hermans son Carl Peotter converted the shop into a Body Shop and Towing business. In 1963 Larry Surprise, Dale and Bill Crawford bought the business from Carl Peotter's Estate. Jim Crawford and Jerry Velie purchased the business in 1972.
The current owner Wayne Morgan and other business members purchased the business in 2006 and renamed has Peotters Collision Center. As of 2010 Wayne and his wife Renee purchased the business from the other members.
The business is still ran as a family company!